Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: 'Are you ready?'
Are your employees ready for success?
The primary function of a management consultant is to help an organization improve its performance through the analysis of existing problems and the development of plans for improvement. Oftentimes this is accomplished by placing the consultant in a management position, giving them the latitude to make process and/or organizational changes, and then identifying and training their successor.
It also happens that a well-run business unit in an organization has lost a key executive and needs temporary management help while a successor is found and trained.
In either of these cases the deliverable is the successful management of a business function and the proper transition of that function to a successor.
- Problem and function analysis and remediation plan development
- Succession planning, recruiting and candidate selection
- Job function and roles and responsibilities documentation
- Development and optimization of teams such as:
- IT Operations
- Large cross-functional projects
- Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Planning
- Software, Hardware, or Services Development
- Sales and Support
A management consultant professional brings an outside objective perspective on the problems facing an organization that an internally-promoted resource may not. With a broad base of experience to draw from they are able to recommend and action changes that can make substantial improvements. Further, the management consultant can help find and train the right resource for a longer-term career in the company.
- Analysis of existing processes and capabilities
- Extensive interviewing with existing resources
- Process and capability gap remediation
- Workflow, responsibility mapping, and system documentation
- Coaching and professional development of staff
Download the Business Unit Management & Succession Planning PDF for more information.